Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rincon in the Winter

Most people would say that their favorite season for beach going is the Summer, but for some reason I have always loved Rincon in the winter. The combination of the light, the crisp air, the good surf, and the amazing treasure hunting. Asher and I both have a small obsession for rescuing washed up beach toys. We have a glass jar in his room that is almost full of the coolest things....A lightening McQueen car with tar on the windshield, a few injured army soldiers missing some pieces, one or two rubber ducks with rubbed off paint. AND of course we pick up any and all beach glass we see.I probably take my kids down to the beach this time of year as much as I do in the Summer. It is a completely different adventure though. Not as messy, and not as much of a process as a Summer day at the beach...not as much packing....but I think we also have less expectation out of the beach in the Winter time. Maybe that is why we have so much more fun.


XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment